The Fondation de la faune du Québec can assist you for your projects in conservation, development, or enhancement of wildlife habitats with one of its funding programs. All projects submitted are reviewed by our team of project coordinators and external specialists.
List of programs
Objective: Initiate youth to fishing during thematic days organized by wildlife organizations, conservation societies, schools, municipalities, etc.
Date for submission: January 31 (summer fishing and ice fishing)
Objective: Generate engagement from wildlife habitat landowners and stakeholders engaged in the planning of actions for the conservation, restoration, and development of natural environments. Inform stakeholders concerned about the ecological value of these habitats and the means of conserving or enhancing them.
Dates for submission: October 1st and March 15
Objective: Enhance wildlife quality and productivity of fish habitats;
support the participation of community organizations in the enhancement of aquatic wildlife habitats.
Dates for submission: November 1st and April 1st
Objective: Contribute to the re-establishment of endangered and vulnerable wildlife species in Quebec by protecting, enhancing, restoring, or promoting means of protecting their habitats.
Dates for submission: October 1st and March 15
Objective: Encourage the commitment of woodland owners toward the protection and enhancement of wildlife habitats, promote the integration of forestry and the maintenance of biodiversity, and encourage planning of interventions throughout the territory.
Date for submission: October 1st and March 15
Objective: Protect and enhance wildlife habitats accessed by users of off-road vehicles (ORV).
Dates for submission: November 15
Objective: To integrate the needs of exploited wildlife in environments in various forestry planning exercises. The environmental, economic, and social impacts, as well as the harmonization of land uses, are taken into consideration in the program’s implementation.
Date for submission: November 1st
Objective: To enhance the quality of wildlife habitats in agricultural catchment areas, promote the engagement of agricultural producers toward the protection and enhancement of wildlife habitats, promote collaboration between agricultural, environmental, and wildlife stakeholders to coordinate their actions in areas of targeted intervention, as well as facilitate the transfer of knowledge to agricultural producers.
Date for submission: January 15
Objective: To enhance or restore the habitat for the Atlantic salmon by increasing the wildlife productivity of the habitats, either the number or size of the individuals, by protecting or enhancing the environment’s biodiversity.
Date for submission: November 15
Objective: Conserve or restore the biodiversity and water quality of Lac Saint-Pierre’s ecosystem.
Submission of declaration of interest forms: August 15 and December 15
Submission of detailed applications: October 1st and February 15
Objective: To curb the introduction and spread of invasive exotic plants by promoting sustainable management to protect biodiversity, the integrity of animal and plant habitats, as well as the maintenance or recovery of ecological functions of natural environments.
Dates for submission: January 15 and September 15
Objective: To support initiatives for the enhancement, development, and establishment of infrastructures facilitating public access to natural environments while ensuring the protection of biodiversity.
Date for submission : November 15
Objective: Protect high-value wildlife habitats by the creation of conservation agreements that include a legal component with private landowners.
Dates for submission: April 1st and November 1st
Objective: To financially support the owners of natural environments managed for protected area purposes with regard to the payments of property taxes related to these properties.
Dates for submission: Between October 15 and November 15, 2022.
Objective: Provide financial aid to organizations doing fundraising activities to improve their capacity in conducting projects related to wildlife.
Dates for submission: January 1st, April 1st, July 1st, and October 1st
Submitting an application
Before submitting an application for financial aid
- If you would like to obtain more information on the submission dates for the proposal, development or presentation of a project, or to validate its eligibility and its relevance, please contact the manager of the intended program.
- Submit a complete financial aid application and improve your chances of success:
- Prepare your resolution authorizing a representative of the organization to sign any document or contract pertaining to a financial aid application;
Other reference documents for the proponents
- Graphic standards for the Fondation de la faune du Québec
Consult before using the Fondation’s logo on visual documents to be distributed. For any information about this, please contact the director of communications and fundraising.
- Sustainable development at the Fondation
- Definition of certain financial terms
- Financial Report (Excel spreadsheet)
Examples of projects
Hundreds of people and organizations care about Quebec wildlife and conduct concrete projects to protect and enhance it, as well as its habitats. The Fondation de la faune offers them financial support as well as technical expertise.
For an overview of the projects funded by the Fondation:
- consult our directory of projects supported.
- view the following news reports presenting projects for the development of habitats:
- Aménagements réalisés pour améliorer les habitats aquatiques dans le bassin de la rivière Osgood.
- Aménagement d’une zone inondable en bordure du Saint-Laurent.
- Aménagements pour la perchaude.
- Aménagements pour l’omble de fontaine dans le secteur Tourilli de la réserve des Laurentides.
- Aménagement pour l’omble de fontaine dans le bassin de la Jacques-Cartier.
- Création d’une culture attrayante pour la sauvagine sur une superficie de 8 hectares.
- Aménagement pour la gélinotte huppée sur la zec Batiscan-Neilson.
- Sensibilisation des motoneigistes aux impacts négatifs sur le caribou de Charlevoix de la pratique hors sentier.
- Plan d’aménagement et d’intervention du ravage de cerfs de Virginie de la pourvoirie de la Seigneurie