The Taking action for wildlife program offers financial aid for initiatives related to the conservation and enhancement of wildlife habitats that align with the Fondation de la faune du Québec’s mission, but that are ineligible for other funding programs.
The program supports planning for conservation actions, contributes to better informing wildlife habitat landowners and various stakeholders on the ecological value of these habitats, and means of conserving or enhancing them. It also aims to elicit commitment and support stakeholders for the conservation, restoration, and development of wildlife habitats.
- Maintain connectivity and increase wildlife habitat productivity by protecting, enhancing, restoring them, or by showcasing means of protecting them.
- Cover all species and wildlife habitats of Quebec that do not fall under any other financial aid program of the Fondation.
- Stimulate discussion between conservation stakeholders to establish a common vision for actions to be implemented to promote conservation of natural environments and their adequate management.
- Encourage commitment from landowners and stakeholders toward the protection and enhancement of wildlife habitats.
- Train key stakeholders about attitudes to adopt, behaviours to modify, and means to take for the conservation or enhancement of natural environments.
For more information, consult the information document.
Closing dates for the submission of applications
October 1st and March 15.
How to submit an application
The applicant organization must fill out the application for financial aid form for the program and send it by email to the Fondation de la faune du Québec at: email@example.com.
If you would like more information on the submission dates for the proposal, development or presentation of a project, or to validate its eligibility and its relevance, interested organizations may contact program manager, Geneviève Lacroix. You may reach her by telephone at 418 644-7926, ext. 139, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information for using the form
For efficient use of the financial aid form, we strongly suggest that you download it on your computer by executing the following sequence:
Click right on the link to the financial aid form and, depending on your Internet browser (Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari), choose the option:
(Explorer): “Save target as…”
(Firefox): “Save link target as…”
(Chrome): “Save link as…”
(Safari): “Download the linked file under…”
and choose “Desktop” as the destination for the download.
Then, so you may benefit from all the interactive characteristics of the financial aid form, please use only the Adobe Reader application to open it. The form requires at minimum Version 8 of Adobe Reader.
If you do not have this application, or the version you currently have installed on your computer is not the most recent one, we suggest you download the Adobe Reader application that is free of charge.
Documents related to financial aid applications for this program
- Document d’information
- Formulaire de demande d’aide
- Attestation de début des travaux
- Attestation de transfert des données
- Bilan financier (Formulaire Excel)
- Consentement travaux sur terre privée
- Fiche suivi panneaux
- Fiche suivi aménagement
- Tableau indicateurs des résultats
- Rapport final de suivi / conservation volontaire
- Liste des sites prioritaires
- Directives suivis des aménagements
- Bilan financier / Instructions
- Modèle cahier du propriétaire – milieu naturel
- Modèle cahier du propriétaire – déclaration d’intention
- Exemple table des matières d’un plan de conservation
- Exemple plan de conservation d’un milieu humide
- Exemple plan de conservation du Canton de Stanstead
- Exemple plan de protection de l’aire prioritaire Covey Hill