Young sport fishers’ program has 25 years old! Discover the history of the program and how two organizations deploy their fishing initiation activities in urban and natural environments with the interactive sheet 25 ans de Pêche en herbe.
Over the past year, the Fondation de la faune du Québec carried out an in-depth review of its Young sport fishers’ program
The objectives of the program are:
- promote the succession of fishermen in Quebec;
- increase the number of insiders in all regions of Quebec;
- give young people the knowledge and tools they need to practice sport fishing independently;
- support a large network of organizations offering introductory sport fishing activities.
Some modalities have been revised in order to achieve these objectives and better meet the needs of organizations carrying out activities.
How to apply for the Young sport fishers' program?
All organizations, associations, schools, municipalities, and summer camps in Quebec are eligible.
How to submit an application
- Complete the Young sport fishers’ program for financial aid form and send it by email to the Fondation.
- Organizations interested in such a project may contact the program manager at the Fondation de la faune to check on eligibility or to obtain further information.
- The Facilitator’s Guide (printable version) contains useful information for planning and preparing your initiation to fishing activity, as well as three practical posters on the timber hitch, fish anatomy and its diet.
This form is a joint request for the Young sport fishers’ program of the Fondation de la faune du Québec as well as for the Programme de soutien pour l’ensemencement des lacs et des cours d’eau . It is important to tick the box (es) according to the program (s) to which the application is addressed at the top of the first page and to complete the corresponding sections. In addition, it is important that the resolution provided correctly reflects the program (s) for which you are requesting.
Important information in using the form
For efficient use of the Young sport fishers’s financial aid form, we strongly suggest that you download it on your computer by executing the following sequence:
Click right on the link to the financial aid form and, depending on your Internet browser (Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari), choose the option:
(Explorer): “Save target as…”
(Firefox): “Save link target as…” (Chrome):
“Save link as…”
(Safari): “Download the linked file under…” and choose “Desktop” as the destination for the download.
Then, so you may benefit from all the interactive characteristics of the financial aid form, please use only the Adobe Reader application to open it. The form requires at least Version 8 of Adobe Reader.
If you do not have this application or version, or the one currently installed on your computer is not the most recent one, we suggest you download the Adobe Reader application that is free of charge.
Programme de soutien pour l’ensemencement des lacs et des cours d’eau
The program for the support of fish stocking in lakes and rivers is a presentation of the ministère de l’Environnement, de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques, de la Faune et des Parcs. It provides support for fish stocking projects for water bodies by community organizations to revive fishing in Quebec and recruit new fishing enthusiasts.
For more information or to apply, contact Marc Alain:
- Phone : 418 627-8691, poste 7322
- Email : email@example.com
Documents related to financial aid applications for this program
- Document d’information Pêche en herbe
- Formulaire de demande commun Pêche en herbe – Ensemencement
- Rapport d’activité commun Pêche en herbe – Ensemencement
- Liste de coordonnées des jeunes (certificats) – pour appareil Androïde
- Liste de coordonnées des jeunes (certificats) – document Excel
- Autorisation utilisation de photographies
- Communiqué Pêche en herbe : Été
- Communiqué Pêche en herbe : Hiver
- Logo 25 ans
When does the Fishing Festival take place?
The Fishing Festival is an annual meeting organized by the Ministère des Forêts, de la Faune et des Parcs (MFFP), which always takes place on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday following the first Thursday of June. The next edition of the Fishing Festival will be held on June 3, 4, and 5, 2022.
The Fishing Festival offers, exceptionally, the possibility of fishing without a license during these three days (except for Atlantic salmon). Its goal is to introduce the Quebec population to sport fishing and to encourage the next generation of fishermen. Coupled with the MFFP’s Programme de soutien pour l’ensemencement des lacs et des cours d’eau, as well as the Young sport fishers’ program, it fosters a positive first fishing experience.
Why can't I complete some pages of the request form?
On the first page of the form, you probably haven’t chosen the activity for which you are submitting an application. You must therefore check the box Pêche en herbe and/or Programme de soutien pour l’ensemencement des lacs et des cours d’eau.
The fishing period must also be selected (summer or winter). The fields to be filled in, according to the choice of activity, will be automatically unlocked.
If I have any material left over from my past activity, can I keep it for next year?
Fishing certificates cannot be kept, they must be returned to us. The rest of the material can be kept for next year, but a count of the material kept must be included in the final report.
Can I submit an application after the deadline?
The Fondation de la faune du Québec receives a large number of requests for this program. We therefore do not accept requests filed after January 31.
For more information about the next edition of the Fête de la pêche, go to this website www.fetedelapeche.gouv.qc.ca.